Don’t have 10,000 hours – Top 10 Things to Know to Get started today.
When you find you don’t have 10,000 hours you can’t just quit. You need to find a hack. A work around.
Don’t have 10,000 hours take some steps today.
- Change your mindset
- Find the simplest things that are actionable TODAY that will make the largest impact on what you are tying to achieve!
- Look for your blind spots – things that have held you up in the past and you didn’t see it coming.
- Find and start consuming information from your mentor.
- Learn to master the art of pitching and messaging (10 immutable laws) (study really small print ads and twitter posts)
- Focus on strengths and as soon as possible and outsource your weaknesses. the power of delegation.
- Learn to sell – (what makes you buy think about it. Find people like you and sell to people like you) (your success will be measured by the number of uncomfortable conversations you are willing to have) Focus on the perfect experience of one consumer. Emulate it. Sell some who doesn’t want to go fishing because the weather is bad on going. You can find sales tips all over Twitter. Search twitter. Its a powerful search engine you know. Find some tips you like and try selling. your going to need it later.
Simple and actionable There will always be the seduction to do other things. Try to be masterful at one thing otherwise you will be mediocre at all. Believe I been there.
It may be someone close to you telling you what you are attempting is not possible. Be prepared because it’s coming. Stay focused and don’t listen. That bullshit story you have been telling yourself why you can’t do it, don’t tell yourself that. It is hard enough to overcome getting started obstacles without help from your friends and family.
One of the things many of the great leaders I have been blessed enough to talk with have shared with me is that many blunders they encountered, they just did not see coming. Moreover they had actually let it sneak in and trip them up before. It was a mistake repeated.
Just do something. Anything. Just start writing blog posts on a yellow pad. Start recording pod casts on simple windows audio track and edit it. Just for practice.
Start a free blog on WordPress.com and just put something out there.
Like I said in the Train to Hunt post. Motivation rarely comes BEFORE you start something. It comes will you are doing it. You get epiphany. You have success and reward yourself. you have failure and learn from it. Doing something is almost in every case better than doing nothing.
So do something today, it will not take 10,000 hours before you have success at it.